- rated voltage 12V, 24V or 48V units available.
- design-optimization in Silentwind’s own wind-tunnel.
- permanent magnet-generator with 420 watts output.
- very good start-up performance due to low cogging torque at 2,2m/s wind speed.
- external hybrid controller for wind and solar energy with multi-function display and integrated electronic/manual stop switch.
- universal application for light, medium and high winds.
- hand laminated, UV resistant carbon blades, successfully tested according to DIN EN 61400-2 at hurricane speed 122km / h (5480 rpm, with almost speed of sound at the blade tips). See our video clip of the wind-tunnel test.
- The usual, standard blades from other manufacturers are made from granulate using injection moulding techniques to achieve a faster production time, but lacking the durability especially after UV exposure associated with the potential risk of blade fracture. Silentwind blades are handmade incorporating high tensile carbon fibre mats. This is a more labour intensive process resulting in an optimized blade profile at the lowest possible weight, which combines a very quiet operation, blade longevity and an exceptional safety record.
- aerodynamic design from aircraft engineering.
- low noise.
- durable and low maintenance using external controller and high-quality components.