Silentwind 400 Pro
- rated voltage 12V, 24V or 48V units available
- design-optimisation in Silentwind’s own wind-tunnel
- permanent magnet-generator with 420 watts output
- very good start-up performance due to low cogging torque at 2,2m/s wind speed
- external hybrid controller for wind and solar energy with multi-function display and integrated electronic/manual stop switch
- universal application for light, medium and high winds
- hand laminated, UV resistant carbon blades, successfully tested according to DIN EN 61400-2 at hurricane speed 122km / h (5480 rpm, with almost speed of sound at the blade tips). See our video clip of the wind-tunnel test
- The usual, standard blades from other manufacturers are made from granulate using injection moulding techniques to achieve a faster production time, but lacking the durability especially after UV exposure associated with the potential risk of blade fracture. Silentwind blades are handmade incorporating high tensile carbon fibre mats. This is a more labour intensive process resulting in an optimised blade profile at the lowest possible weight, which combines a very quiet operation, blade longevity and an exceptional safety record
- aerodynamic design from aircraft engineering
- low noise
- durable and low maintenance using external controller and high-quality components
The Silentwind 400 Pro is ultralight and aerodynamic. True to its name, the Silentwind is quiet enough to connect several wind generators together if your energy demand is high, without raising the noise level to an uncomfortable level.
As the noise emission is very low you can operate the Silentwind 400 Pro in marinas, on-board sailing yachts and mobile homes without irritating your neighbours.
The included Bluetooth charge controller is suitable for 12, 24 & 48-volt usage and comes with a Solar input too. Settings can be changed with the available App for Android and IOS or directly on the charge controller.
Housing the internal electronics away from the generator itself means that your Silentwind 400 Pro has little need for any maintenance work. Power is fed to the charge controller by 3 cables.
The hand-laminated carbon fibre blades have been successfully tested in accordance with DIN EN 61400-2 in a wind tunnel up to wind speeds of 35m/s (63 knots). Therefore you need not worry about the Silentwind in any conditions. If there is a need for any maintenance work, there is an additional manual stop switch.
It’s certainly an advantage being able to use the renewable energy of both wind and sun combined. Charging your batteries by way of both daylight and wind for 24 hours, the Silentwind Hybrid 1000 charge controller will manage this for you, up to a maximum input of 550w (40A). You can even charge the batteries of an electric vehicle with this unit!
Find out more on the Silent wind website – Here
How quiet is it? – Here